Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Crazy Uncle Nappi's Nautical Fun-Time Adventure" Is A Great Name For A Boat

It's time to be more positive. Never thought I'd say that but there it is. Life's not so bad.
I'm young and healthy and working. I have some money in the bank and I have a rough plan for the future. I have a nice place to live and good food to eat. And as I've said before I have people who love me.

Sometimes I'll get a glimpse of my tattoo from the corner of my eye and I have to do a double take. Then I laugh. How could I not laugh? Who stabs "KILL" into their arm with a safety pin and India ink? I used to be somewhat self-conscious about it. I've always been proud on one level; I mean raise your hand if you tattooed yourself while drunk and it came out even... thought so. But I suppose on my last trip home I realized why I did it.

I did it because I can't tell my future. I don't know if I'ma grow up and work some desk job and sell out Past Me or if I will go and Find My Passion like Frodigh said. And if I do sell out than I suppose I'll be happy, but I will not forget the road that I took to get there. This retarded mark on my arm is a permanent reminder to me of who I am right now . So years from now I will still be explaining why I have this and everytime I do I will be reminded of me.

I don't know if anyone understands, but I guess that doesn't matter anyway.

On another note: California in like 2 weeks. FML

No comments:

Post a Comment