Friday, March 19, 2010

"Your Hair Smells Like Malt Liquor!"

So I suppose I am now a smoker. I hope I don't become one of those hardcore smoker-types who walks around smelling like smoke and shit, and the last thing I need is to be addicted to something new. But that doesn't discourage me much at this point. Neither do the health aspects, even though I am well aware of how bad it is for me. Not that the upsides outweigh the downsides, but there are some positives to be had. I've mastered smoke rings and it gives me something to do and a pleasent buzz, which is something I can always use.

My plan for ensuring that when I come home I'm not a hardcore smoker is fairly simple and I have confidence in it because so far nothing has beaten it. My plan of course is to fall back on my laziness. I am a lazy person, its something I should maybe improve on, but because I'm lazy I won't. But I look at it like this: I smoke here because I'm bored and I like it and I don't have to go out of my way an inch to do it. Out here I can smoke in my room, in the trucks, out on patrol or on my way to somewhere. Often I only smoke while sitting in bed reading or watching a movie. This will not be an option when I return to the States. Also the major inconvience of actully buying cigarettes will help impede me. I am just plain too lazy to have to go all the way to the store to waste my cash on something as dumb as smokes. I mean if I'm going all the way to 7-11 and waste the better part of $5 I might as well just buy a Hurricane and have a time of it.

When I return home my alcohol intake will undoubtably increase greatly, but my smoking will drop off just as sharply. Is this the best solution? Yes, yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment