Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thank God I Saved Some Pruno

The worst times are those times when something heavy falls upon your shoulders and the burden can't be shared. Its something that you and you alone must deal with and no amount of talking or advice seeking will help.

Some say we're born alone and die alone and everything in between is just filler. Some disagree with that statement across the board. I'm not sure what camp I fall in, it changes with the tides I suppose. Sometimes I'm the loneliest man in the world, other times I'm overwhelmed with how much people love me and their support. But no matter what you believe some things must be dealt with alone.
The choices we must make are hard ones, and we must weigh many factors. We have to do things we don't want to, or not. And we have to reconcile our ideals with the life we actually lead.

That might just be the hardest of all, because we don't live in vacuums. We don't live our lives up in Ivory Towers, passing down judgements with hands we pretend have never been dirty, dealing in black and white. In our head we may sit up there, but our hearts are down in the streets. Down there its hard and its dirty and its shades of grey. And its so hard to navigate true, especially when you have to go it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment