Thursday, August 26, 2010

Captain Jack Will Get You By Tonight

Have you ever been homesick for somewhere you've never been? Instead of a place its more of an idea; a concept of a time and a place where everything is sunshine and roses, pizza and blowjobs.
In my mind I strive for someplace where everything is not just ok, but wonderful. When I was a child it was adulthood. When I was a teenager it was college. When I was in college is was Real Life. When I was in Iraq it was America. And now its college and Real Life again. Talk about a terrible cycle.
One day I'll find it. One day everything will be ok. One very fateful day I'm going to find that Bannana Farm we always used to talk about. I'll hack my way through the underbrush and appear into the clearing and there it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment