Monday, November 30, 2009

Spin It Back

Some days I miss you a lot.
I guess I just got tired of trying, I guess I still am.
I guess I shouldn't have written you that letter, I guess I said some things that were stupid.
I still have the letter you wrote me, I brought it to Texas and I brought it here to Iraq. I don't know why.
I don't know why I didn't just throw it away or leave it tucked in some drawer.
I don't know why you felt the need to run away.
Maybe I should though, I ran away too. I'm still running.
Maybe you could give me some pointers 'cause it looks like you figured your shit out.
Maybe we weren't as good friends as I thought. Maybe we were and it just wasn't enough.
Sometimes in airports I look for you. I think about what I would do if I saw you.
I wonder what you'd do if you saw me first. A part of me thinks you'd just keep walking.
And even though it has been years since we talked I know how you'd act if I went up to you.
I know what you'd say, I know how you'd say it. I know you'd hug me. And I know that I wouldn't say a damn thing about how you ran away like you tried to do so many times before.
I wouldn't say two words about it because I know you. I always knew you.
I guess its suprising who you become friends with, and how important that friendship becomes.
Some days I miss you a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment