Monday, November 9, 2009

Tonight's Agenda: Watching TV On My Computer

7 Days until I leave for Iraq. I am so not ready. Mentally I'm ready, but I haven't packed a fucking thing. Like NOTHING. Haven't washed my clothes, read the packing list, cleaned my locker, cleaned my room, canceled my cable/internet, stopped my phone, taken down my posters or sent my TV home.
I am the King of the Unprepared, bow before me and marvel how I procrastinate preparations for a yearlong combat deployment!
I AM YOUR GOD!!!

Since I'm speaking Army:
Fuck that Major who went postal in the SRP at Ft. Hood. It doesn't matter what religion he was or why he did it, he was just another motherfucker who couldn't deal and decided to take some others with him.
After the Tech shooting I was talking to a friend of mine who also went to college out of state. She (like the rest of us) was wondering how and why these things happen. I didn't know then and I don't know now. I just know it sucks, and the closer you are the more it sucks.
Tech shook me because it wasn't just people dying, it was my people dying. And my compatriots overseas die everyday, and it sucks when I see their faces on the Casualty page. But they died doing their duty, small consolation I know, but its still something. What happened at Hood shook me because while soldiers die often it should never ever be like that.
Those soldiers were processing in or out of deployments, getting shots and signing paperwork, crossing the T's and dotting the I's, packed in like cattle and ready to go the fuck home. Then the familiar sound of gunfire and everything goes straight to hell.
Sometimes I don't understand this world. Most of the time I hold little hope for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment