Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Suck Out All The Marrow Of Life=Party Like Its 1845

This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane. Or maybe I'll be sitting in an airport on one of the 3 stops I have to make over my 12 hour journey to get home. Point is I will be on my way.

I haven't mentioned it because I haven't really been thinking about it. I've just been so busy these past few weeks, and honestly these past few months, I haven't had too much time to think about home in a concrete sense.

But I just talked to Digger and Action Hero who are drinking in Arlington with TP. Action Hero is heading to Europe tomorrow, but Digger has stated his intention of coming to DC and getting smigity with me. This makes me happy. Just a kind of elevation of the soul that helps in the same way as a drink itself or a fond memory.

I cannot recall which philopher said it, but he maintained that the only pure happiness is expectation. That no matter how wonderful and good and happy you are in any given situation the expectation of it was always more pure. I recall debating this one time, affirming the concept. I don't know if I believe it or not honestly. Right now just the idea of the possibility of the fun to be had on the 4th of July is so pure and pleasurable.

It's like sex I suppose. The climax is short but downright powerful. Whereas the build-up (in any of its forms) last so much longer, but by its nature fails to acheive the intesity of the climax.

So which is better? Or is it that one isn't better than the other? Maybe they must be taken together to achieve a completely full experience (Pertaining to both sex specificly and a fun experence in general.)

In any case I am once again gifted with 4 days in VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment