Wednesday, March 11, 2009

http://redmarketer.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/holden.jpg

I feel nostalgic about a very many things in my life. I don't know/care if this is a god or a bad thing. What I do know is that as much as I look back I look forward. There are a great many things that I can not wait to do and there are just as many things that I am doing right now that I will miss once I can no longer do them.
But right now, for some reason, I am thinking about the days I spent at NOVA. Those days are when I started to publish online my writings, those days are the first that I had to realize that Life was/is not a game. Those days I was very busy. I was clearing 15+ hours of class and 40+ hours of work and I had to drive to Annandale and Reston every day. And yet... well me and Sid would have a man-date on Wednesdays to go smoke hookah. And we would drink a stolen beer or two in the back of the Green Monster while we played Mancala. We would talk about the too-few weekends we would spend down in Richmond or sit and plan out various NTD's. Other nights I would stay up until 3am just enjoying the feeling of being the only one still awake at such a late hour. Some nights I would take walks and soak in the moonlight; tracing the steps that I had taken on more purposeful adventures.
I can't do that anymore. There is no place here that holds meaning for me, and no one to scheme with. As I said before, in the future I will think back and miss sitting here and serving with these people, but right now I miss sitting around home and wasting time with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment