Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We Want YOU! To Be An Emu Farmer

So I just found what might be the greatest thing of modern times.

This and This

Does anyone understand the implications of this? Like I don't even know what to say right now. Bill Murray is wandering around NYC hugging people, crashing their parties and giving people knuggies (sp?) and he is doing it for shits and giggles. I mean he's telling people that no one will ever believe them because they won't. I mean I'd believe someone if they were like; "Hey I saw Bill Murray in Times Square last week." but to say he crashed your party in Brooklyn or hugged you in an elevator? Fucking yeah man, whatever.
I guess I just like the whole spirit of it all. Like he is going around giving strangers a great story to tell for the rest of their lives that is unlike anything else. Tons of people meet celebirties or shake hands with a politicans or get a sports stars autograph, but to have an interaction with a legit famous person in an atmosphere where they are not standing on some pedistal and you are looking up at them is rare. It is like he is doing a community service, or a Random Act of Kindness, but not kindness. I don't really know the word for it to be honest.
I feel that it is along the same lines as why people write "FUCK" on walls or draw penis' everywhere. I don't mean they are the same, but the motivation comes from the same place. Just an urge to do something to your surroundings that changes the dynamic in some way, to upset the status quo. I feel that way sometimes; actully fairly often. I mean we live our lives on these traintracks most of the time, just following our path and we forget that there is a whole world out there. And not just the world that resembles our own but is different, i.e. studying abroad or getting a new job or moving to a new place. I mean the kind of shit you see in National Geo. or some shit. A perfect example is when I ask people (or they ask me) what will they do when they leave the Army. Often the response is college or a union job or a cop or some shit. Who says they want to train Mafia soldiers Basic Rifle Marksmanship? Who wants to join the French Foreign Legion? Who wants to be a merc for the Tamil Tigers? Who wants to sail around the world? We set our paths and we never look from side to side. Or if we do it is more like we look back and to the side. "I wonder what life would have been like if I had just gone Off the Reservation..."
In his own small way Bill Murray is doing just that. He is breaking through the brick wall of our lives and shaking shit up. He is doing his part to save us from the monotony of our lives, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment