Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Forgot To Wash My Hat

It is 8:36AM and I already know it is going to be a hard day. How do I know? First there was the fact that I didn't get to bed until midnight-ish and I awoke promptly at 0425 to the sound of a Sgt. banging on my door to tell me to get into uniform because the drug-sniffing dogs were coming to check our barracks. So from 0500 until 0720 I stood outside with the rest of my company. Then we were told that we have mandatory classes at 1800 tonight. That means at 6pm instead of getting to come home I have to go and listen to dumb people tell me how to be financially responsible and how to recognize if someone is going to off themselves. And lastly today is my first day back from my too-short visit to Ship. I might regale you with tales later today, but in all actuality it might be too painful still. What I mean by that is I am quite despondent because I had forgotten the simple joys of college not afforded to poor soldiers like myself.
In summery; today is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment